Community discussions

MikroTik App

cryptnix
just joined
Topic Author

Meta Router Issues

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Guys, I have this scenario:

Private Only - (Real OS acting) Mikrotik RB450G <-> Ubiquiti Devices Acting As Bridges <-> CPE = Router Mode on the ubiquiti units ...
Public (MetaRouter) - Routed IP's ...

Ether1 = public ip network
Ether5 = private ip network

I set interfaces up on the MetaRouter to Ether1 and Ether5, go and assign addresses to only have the entire unit cold-restart. (Crashes)

I have 4 in service right now and all appear to result with the same thing ...

I am curious if anyone else is having this issue, support w/ Mikrotik after even sending them the sup files have not been helpful and I have given them the same scenario described above.

If it is not enough information please let me know.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Meta Router Issues

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:12 am

Guys, I have this scenario:

Private Only - (Real OS acting) Mikrotik RB450G <-> Ubiquiti Devices Acting As Bridges <-> CPE = Router Mode on the ubiquiti units ...
Public (MetaRouter) - Routed IP's ...

Ether1 = public ip network
Ether5 = private ip network

I set interfaces up on the MetaRouter to Ether1 and Ether5, go and assign addresses to only have the entire unit cold-restart. (Crashes)

I have 4 in service right now and all appear to result with the same thing ...

I am curious if anyone else is having this issue, support w/ Mikrotik after even sending them the sup files have not been helpful and I have given them the same scenario described above.

If it is not enough information please let me know.
I wish metarouter worked better. I have given up on it, as have many people.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Meta Router Issues

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:47 am

cryptnix,

Assuming you are running the latest software (5.15) and RouterBOOT (2.39? '/system routerboard upgrade') -- and, if you've been talking to support, hopefully you are -- then please check to see what the voltage output is on your power supply that you are using with your 450G. If it is greater than 12v, please switch to a 12v power supply. Report back here with your results.

-- Nathan