Community discussions

MikroTik App

CWDylan
just joined
Topic Author

RB260GSp SWOS Issues v1.14

Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi,

For probably about over 6 months now we have been using more and more of these switches and are likely around 30 now but are finding more and more issues as we put more out in production.

The first issue is the poe out will stop randomly on ports, So it will be set to poe out on and the device will be off (no link, no power) this is usually fixed by turning power off and back on again.

The second issue is getting locked out of the GUI randomly, what happens is I will have it set with my own password and the default admin user and when we open the GUI it will say that its incorrect password/login info. after a hard reboot it will let me log in again using the credentials I was trying before.

The last issue I have noticed over a few weeks was that all ports on some of the Tiks will say short circuit and all ports will stop feeding power, a hard reset will get everything to work again.

I have tried reflashing the firmware, poe in long cable, calibr the poe ports and replacing the switches. none of those seems to fix the problem.

Are there any fixes for these problems?

Thank you,
Dylan

npero

Re: RB260GSp SWOS Issues v1.14

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:20 pm

I don't find solution for now but I usually only have problem with poe only on port 2.

CWDylan
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:46 pm

It looks like the short circuit issue may be linked to the poe in long cable option on the systems page. We have it on our RB260GSp's but I just had the short circuit issue happen again where all ports say short circuit and no matter if I turn off ports and turn them back on nothing changes so I unchecked and rechecked poe in long cable and that fixed it (note this is a temporary solution in my case) so it looks like it was ignoring the poe in long cable option as that option is suppose to "setting to yes will disable short detection on all poe-out ports to enable use of longer ethernet cables"

npero

Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:40 pm

May problem is port 2 after sometime just stop powering. After off and on again working couple days.
I don't understand why is disabled when power is set to on I ask support also but for now not have any answer.
If I understand correctly on means always when is possible (no overload, on short circuit) powering but, just say disabled without any reason why is poe disable.

Maybe I not understand how on working.

Some problem on 2 switches on other I just stop using port 2 and working quite stable.

swotch2lost2.png
swotch2working2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CoMMyz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:58 pm

CWDylan is right.

I have all the issues mentioned including Flow Control problems that plague the device as well

Can we expect a fix soon ?

The last update is 19 months ago!

CWDylan
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:25 pm

@CoMMyz

I heard back from their support with a 1.15RC version of firmware, They said it has some poe fixes but i am not sure whether or not it fixes these problems we are seeing. I had issues with flow control so I turned it off.. Not the best option but it worked better off... Maybe email and ask to try the release candidate as well, I doubt it could be worse than 1.14

CoMMyz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:08 am

@CWDylan

Thanks a lot ;)

Petzl
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:38 pm

I had the problem that the RB260GSP did shutdown the SFP port, even with the latest firmware, i replaced it by a FTC and now its working fine.