Member Candidate
Topic Author

Question on VLAN

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:16 pm

Dears ...

I want to connect my switch 260gs on port1 to my ISP
on port2 I want to connect it to my mikrotik router with VLANs 2,3,4,5 and 6
the goal is to make each Vlan communicate with my ISP

I read the wiki and tried many configurations with no success...

any one can help with the correct configuration ?

Regards

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Question on VLAN

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Your description is not clear to me. Having different VLANs in the router connect to the same ISP (with either the same or different IPs) is pretty easy, and setting up VLANs in the switch is fairly easy, but in not quite understanding what is connected to what. I think I'm doing something similar to what you want to do, so I should be able to help once I understand what you are doing.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

ronix
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:47 am

Dear k6ccc...

I have 6 PPPoE accounts from my ISP

I want my router use these accounts and then redirect it to my family (because of firewall rules that i want to run)

thanks in advance

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:32 pm

OK, let me see if I understand what you are wanting to do.

In your router, you will have a WAN connection to your ISP that will have 6 PPPOE accounts encapsulated in it.  You want the router to split the 6 PPPOE accounts so that each account is routed to a specific VLAN on an 802.1q trunk to a RB260GS switch that will split the VLANs out to various physical LANs.  The result is that each LAN port on the switch will connect to the internet via a different PPPOE account.  Assuming I am right, you don't have enough ports on a RG260GS to use all 6 PPPOE accounts as a separate LAN from the switch, but there are ways around that.

Since you are asking about this in the Switch OS section of the forum, I have to assume you are looking for the switch configuration, rather than the router configuration.  Easiest answer is to take a look at:  http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/SwOS/Router-On-A-Stick
That pretty well covers what you are trying to do in the switch.  Note that the examples start with the RB250, but they also explain the differences in the RB260.  As I have never needed to deal with PPPOE, I can't help you with the Router configuration part of it.

Did that help?

ronix
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Dear k6ccc

thank you for your help...

my scenario is to connect port1 in 260gs to my isp (no vlan and only as switch with port2)
port2 to my router (Vlan)

I only need the configuration of switch
I can deal with router...

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Unless I'm missing something, you don't need anything special in the switch. It should do what you need right out of the box or a reset to default. A dumb hub or switch would work. For that matter, why do you need the switch at all? Can't you connect your router directly to your internet connection?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android