Community discussions

MikroTik App

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

250GS Hosts issue

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:14 am

In a SMALL network ( 3 hosts) I can see the MACS of the hosts connected to the switch..

In my Corp net (running as a mirror probe) I get the following error:
INTERNAL ERROR:[object Error]-Expected ']'
When I click on the hosts tab.

Everything "seems" to be working correctly from my test station, but should I be worried about a MAC address roll over?

There are about 150 machines (hosts) here.. Give or take...

Any one know the table limit.. I dont see it on the WIKI or on the spec sheet.. ( I may be blind )..

I am a bit concerned that I could come in in the AM and some users cant get out to the net... BAD THING !!

I put the unit in place of a RB450G, as the user interface (as far as port mirroring) was much easyer to deal with..
And I was having some issues with the 450G today, I upgraded the firmware, but no packets shown and no trafic info...
Also the monitoring system didnt "see" any thing from the mirror port..

After the 250GS was installed, there were still some issues at the monitoring system so I restarted it...
The mirror port and web monitoring and filtering started working.. so the monitor was probably at fault...

I want to leave the 250GS installed, as what I need is a switch with a mirror port, not a router acting as a switch..

Just a bit concerned about the hosts / MAC table issue..
Hopefully it is just a reporting issue and not a MAC table issue..

There is no way (that I can see) to export the data to send it to MikroTik.. so.....

Lets see how my day goes in the AM...

Keep your fingers crossed for me........

kirshteins
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: 250GS Hosts issue

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Both RB450G and RB250GS have Atheros8316 switch chip which supports 2k host table entries. Do this problem occurs when click any other tab apart from hosts? Perhaps you can describe what type of monitoring system you have.

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 pm

No..

All other tabs just fine...

The Hosts tab was fine on a two host net... on the corp 100 ish host net, the "hosts" tab just displays the error..

The monitor is FaceTime..

The FaceTime unit requires a "writable" mirror port to function.

It monitors the traffic from the mirror port, and if it sees any thing "wrong or disallowed" it injects a disallowed html page and then resets the connection.. (Over simple)..

Config: Port1 = LAN Port2="WAN" (to MikroTik FW / GW) Port3 = OFF Port4=FaceTime MGT Port5=Mirror

Port 1 is set to mirror to 5

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:55 pm

OK..

The plot thickens.. or thins....

The Hosts tab is now showing hosts and the ports they are connected to...

Dont know why... but I will take it..

Craig