Community discussions

MikroTik App

blingblouw
Topic Author

260gsp stops passing traffic

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:32 pm

I have a RB260gsp (1.14) that stops passing traffic through its ports. As soon as I reboot it, it starts working again for a day or so.

I notic a lot of "pause" packets on certain ports, could this be related. what can i do to fix it? there are no vlans or any config at all besides IP

lalaw
just joined

Re: 260gsp stops passing traffic

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:25 pm

+1, I'm seeing something similar to this.

I have the 260gsps installed on a MoCA network, and from time to time the web admin page becomes unresponsive. I have yet to do further investigation on whether the switch is responding to ping, etc. Having said that, a simple power cycle solves the problem quickly. Any one else seen this before?

lalaw
just joined

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 pm

I have a RB260gsp (1.14) that stops passing traffic through its ports. As soon as I reboot it, it starts working again for a day or so.

I notic a lot of "pause" packets on certain ports, could this be related. what can i do to fix it? there are no vlans or any config at all besides IP
+1, I have the same issue. Haven't conducted a full diagnosis, but here's my setup.

I have 2 rb260gsps connected to MoCA endpoints in my house. MoCA end points are used to drive faster-than-wireless internet traffic to my main media centers. From time to time, connectivity cuts out, and the RB260gsp devices do not respond on web-admin. I have not yet tried to ping to devices, etc. A quick power cycle brings the traffic back quickly.

blingblouw
Topic Author

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:00 pm

+1, I'm seeing something similar to this.

I have the 260gsps installed on a MoCA network, and from time to time the web admin page becomes unresponsive. I have yet to do further investigation on whether the switch is responding to ping, etc. Having said that, a simple power cycle solves the problem quickly. Any one else seen this before?

My issues stopped after disabling flow control on the ports. MT support said look for "pause" frames, if they are there then flow control off will help