Community discussions

MikroTik App

blingblouw
Topic Author

Port Labels

Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi Guys.

Please can something be done about the fact that we cannot add labels on interfaces, like comments. Seriously, its a pretty basic feature

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Port Labels

Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:02 pm

?

Not only can you label an interface with a comment, you can completely rename it:
Ether1 can be renamed "AccountingDepartment" with comment "they take too much out of my paycheck and I hate them"

Ether2 can be renamed ISP1 with comment "best ever!"

There's a comment button in the configuration screen, and there's the little yellow "post-it" icon in the list view, both of which let you set comments.

blingblouw
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:36 pm

;) I'm going to skip the lashing out. But I guess you forgot to check the forum topic. This is SWOS not RouterOS. Just goes to show how a simple feature like this is useful to people though. Anyway, I'm glad the powerbox came out, will never buy another RB260GSP again

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:37 pm

Haha - Whoops.

I pretty much browse by clicking "new posts" and don't pay much attention to which forums the posts are in.

Burned.

And yes - inability to label ports in a switch would make me sad. I labeled which port in my 2011 is connected to the Roku, for heaven's sake... at my house . . . and it's the only hard-wired connection in the Mikrotik!
(well, the Xbox too, I suppose, but I never even play it)

stpq
just joined

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:22 am

Totally agree on labels (and being able to read them via snmp), i think its just about the time for it. No new releases of swos for a year.

I mean come on, how many lines of code is it?

Or at least release it under GPL

Hotz1

Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:25 pm

;) Anyway, I'm glad the powerbox came out, will never buy another RB260GSP again
Unless you want Gigabit.

My rooftop installations start with two RB260GSPs in a hinged case, with two lines coming in and eight RJ45 pigtails coming out. It would be really convenient to be able to dispense with the case and pigtails, and just mount them directly on the mast.

So: nice job on the PowerBox, Guys... when does the "PowerBox-G" come out? 8)