Community discussions

MikroTik App

DEChengst
just joined
Topic Author

RB260GS bricked?

Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:12 pm

RB260GS with a fibre link to a RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN. My setup worked fine, but I had the 260GS sitting on the floor on in my living room, so I decided to mount it on the wall. Turned off the switch and mounted the switch. Powered it back on and it doesn't work anymore. Checked on the RB2011 and it said the fibre link was down. Cable looked damaged so I replaced it. It still did not work so I checked the SFP from the RB260GS in the RB2011 and it looked okay there. Tried logging on the RB260GS to see what was wrong, but I could not connect. Tried resetting the device to factory default:

I remove the power cable from the RB260GS. I push the reset button and insert the power cable. According to the online docs the ACT LED should start to flash after which you have to release the reset button. This does not happen. Instead the ACT LED comes on and stays on till I power cycle it again. Tried both the IP I configured it with and the default IP. No such luck. Switch does work as a dumb switch though.

Am I doing something wrong or is the "smart part" of the switch dead ?