Community discussions

MikroTik App

xeor
just joined
Topic Author

Several public ip's

Mon May 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi

My ISP is giving me 5 public IP's (yea I know, what a waste), but I want to use more than the one that my mikrotik router gets when I hook it up to my ISP's modem.

I will get 1 ip per different MAC-address I connect to my modem, so my plan was to use source-NAT to be able to choice which public IP my internal NAT-ip's will get.

So I can do 10.0.0.10 will get 80.x.x.200, 10.0.0.11 will get 80.x.x.201 and so on.

But how can I set up multiple dhcp-clients on my mikrotik router with different MAC's? Is this all even possible using just mikrotik?

Thanks

EMOziko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Several public ip's

Mon May 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi

My ISP is giving me 5 public IP's (yea I know, what a waste), but I want to use more than the one that my mikrotik router gets when I hook it up to my ISP's modem.

I will get 1 ip per different MAC-address I connect to my modem, so my plan was to use source-NAT to be able to choice which public IP my internal NAT-ip's will get.

So I can do 10.0.0.10 will get 80.x.x.200, 10.0.0.11 will get 80.x.x.201 and so on.

But how can I set up multiple dhcp-clients on my mikrotik router with different MAC's? Is this all even possible using just mikrotik?

Thanks
yes, you can use VLAN-s for this. just create it, turn on dhcp-client on it and make nat. that's all.

xeor
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Several public ip's

Mon May 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi

Thanks
yes, you can use VLAN-s for this. just create it, turn on dhcp-client on it and make nat. that's all.
Doesn’t look like that did the trick.

This is what I tried
/interface vlan
add arp=enabled disabled=no interface=ether1-gateway l2mtu=1594 mtu=1500 name=vlan-pub-ip-1 use-service-tag=no vlan-id=501

/ip dhcp-client
add add-default-route=yes default-route-distance=1 disabled=no interface=vlan-pub-ip-1 use-peer-dns=yes use-peer-ntp=yes
I didn’t specify any ip anywhere to do this, so I tried to put it in a bridge instead to be able to put a custom ip on the vlan interface, like:
/interface bridge
add admin-mac=D4:CA:6D:11:22:33 arp=enabled auto-mac=no name=br-pub-ip-1 protocol-mode=none

/interface bridge port
add bridge=br-pub-ip-1 disabled=no interface=vlan-pub-ip-1
But that didn’t make it any better. So the plan is still at the first step. Any more ideas?

Thanks!