Community discussions

MikroTik App

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

My iWinbox app is released! Manage your RouterOS devices on iPhone/iPad and SNMP monitoring

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi,

I'm a big fan of RouterOS. I spend few months to develop an iOS app by myself. It works well on generic iOS devices. I'm glad to announce it's not only a full feature management tool, but also a wonderful SNMP Monitoring tool! Manage your MikroTik RouterOS devices anywhere, anytime on iPhone or iPad. 8)

Device Management Features:
• Multi device management, readonly mode and comment your device.
• Full features. You can view/edit most settings.
• Filter the list, swipe out to enable/disable/delete/comment list items.
• Show description of Mikrotik Documentation when editing a field.
• Safe form editing, only save/update changed attributes.
• Live Tx/Rx charts of interfaces and simple queues.
• Tools available, eg: ping, IP Scan, traceroute, etc.
• Modern UI, swiping out to show buttons.

SNMP Monitoring Features:
• In one hour/Hourly/Daily/Monthly Graphs.
• Resources usage, eg: CPU, memory, HDD.
• Interface bytes in/out.
• Queue bytes in/out.
• DHCP lease count.
• Wireless registration table entry count.
• Hotspot user rates in/out.
• Get metrics every ten minutes.

App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-iwinbox/id1140381490

My goal is to build the best MikroTik RouterOS toolset on the planet!
If you have any ideas or issues, please let me know. Any advices are appreciated. :D

Last edited by richfisher on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.

darkprocess
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Inviting you to test My iWinbox app for iOS devices!

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:32 pm

Very good initiative
!

Envoyé de mon SM-G925F en utilisant Tapatalk

mandrade
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Great initiative, testing... :D

hgonzale
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Amazing. Congratulations!!!!
Thank you!!!
Working in iPad with ios 8.2

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Thanks darkprocess and mandrade, you're so kind. :D

Amazing. Congratulations!!!!
Thank you!!!
Working in iPad with ios 8.2
great!
To be honest, I focus on iPhone now.
If you have any ideas to make it better in iPad. Please do let me know. I will try to get it done latter. :D

hgonzale
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:30 pm

For my an iPad is a big iPhone.

Only my recommendation y smaller letters, for more info in the screen.

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

Re: My iWinbox app is released! Manage your devices on iPhone/iOS and SNMP monitoring. RouterOS 6.x only.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:06 pm

Version 1.2.0 is released!
1. Better device management, you can comment your devices now!
2. Show instructions when connection timeout.
3. Indicate current host after login in, it's useful when you have many devices.
4. Add System/Reboot menu, a confirm dialog will be shown.
5. Be able to edit System/Watchdog form fields.
6. Show much more fields in Wireless interface form editing.
7. Fix traffic stats and graph in RouterOS 6.25 and older.
8. Fix the bug that list does not reload if you enable/disable/delete an item sometimes.
9. Fix some crash cases.

Thanks for all your guys' feedbacks. It should be much more stable and powerful now. :wink:

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:47 pm

For my an iPad is a big iPhone.

Only my recommendation y smaller letters, for more info in the screen.
The app is available on iPad now. Try it :D

Version 1.3.0
* iPad support! You can find the app in App Store on iPad now!
* Check whether host is available at startup, show a status bar in device list.
* Add System/Shutdown menu, a confirm dialog will be shown.
* Improve list view in IP Firewall Filter/NAT/Mangle.
* Improve list view in PPP Secrets/Active Connections.
* SNMP monitoring, view data in grid inx details.

hgonzale
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: My iWinbox app is released! Manage your RouterOS devices on iPhone/iPad and SNMP monitoring

Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:57 pm

Very good my friend. Congratulations again. I've downloaded it today and is working well.

Suggestion. Add thousand separator " , or . doesn't matter if is american or decimal, but is easy for reading the bytes counts, memory, space, etc etc

baxenko
just joined

Re: My iWinbox app is released! Manage your RouterOS devices on iPhone/iPad and SNMP monitoring

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:14 pm

$12 - great price for Ukraine. My salary is $100 a month :-( When is a discount on the application ?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:12 am

Just imagine how big would be your salary if you were in equation Africa... If you spend many thousands dollars for building network and you find such application from whatever reason good for you than 12 dollars price is not a showstopper. If you have just one router that costed you 10 dollars from the second hand, you do not need such application at all. If you could spend insane money to buy an iphone, why not to buy relatively priced applications too?

baxenko
just joined

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:13 pm

"If you could spend insane money to buy an iphone"
$170 iPhone 5 on AliXpress, okay :?

I just asked about the availability of discounts. I am sincerely happy for you.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:41 pm

It is relative. I am not willing to spend my two months salary for a phone. But everyone can negotiate on the price so good luck.

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:13 pm

The free beta test in August just ended. So no recent discount.

The price in all regions are the same, I'm sorry it's expensive in some region. I'm a RouterOS enthusiast. I spend much time and energy on this program, listen to all your feedbacks, fix bugs and get features done. On the other hand, the app would got continuous updates if I got paid. I try my best to let you feeling it worth the price. Most friends think it's OK so far. Some also appreciate it.

Best regards.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:54 am

I really like the app, however I'm not thrilled that the SNMP only works if you connect to the device via public IP and let the app make a bunch of automatic configuration changes the router re: SNMP.

I use a VPN to remotely manage my devices and connect via the VPN, with regular SNMP credentials. Please add a manual SNMP configuration option so that those who monitor the device remotely through a VPN can use the SNMP functionality without having to open firewall and winbox ports on external IP.

Thanks!

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:20 am

I really like the app, however I'm not thrilled that the SNMP only works if you connect to the device via public IP and let the app make a bunch of automatic configuration changes the router re: SNMP.

I use a VPN to remotely manage my devices and connect via the VPN, with regular SNMP credentials. Please add a manual SNMP configuration option so that those who monitor the device remotely through a VPN can use the SNMP functionality without having to open firewall and winbox ports on external IP.

Thanks!
The SNMP is an optional feature. I have a SNMP sever to collect metrics from routers. The SNMP server needs the public ip of routers, otherwise, the server is not able to touch your router.

Do you mean adding a manual SNMP configuration with VPN options? The SNMP server collect metrics from routers with different VPN. You can imagine some routers have public ip, router A needs VPN 1, router B needs VPN 2, etc. It is a challenging and tough task for me.

I also thought some options, however, both are not good enough.
* The app collect metrics from routers while the app is not able to run in background in iOS.
* Distribute a setup file to you. Then you install the SNMP server on PC to collect data. But it's complex to make sure the distributed setup file to run on all environments and keep them updated. And you also need a PC running 7x24.

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks!

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:58 am

In my case, I leave my phone always connected to my VPN, and so it always has access to the MikroTik via private IP rather than public. I therefore do not need or want to open SNMP access to the world, since the device can access the MikroTik via private IP from anywhere - there is no point opening up SNMP public IP feature. Your SNMP feature would work for me from anywhere, as long as I can enter the SNMP community manually and it doesn't block me from using a private IP.

Essentially, have an option to enter the SNMP settings into the app manually (community name, etc.) rather than requiring an auto-setup feature that does things I wouldn't want done. You don't have to make it 'integrate' with VPNs, I would expect that whoever would use such a manual setup feature would know that they needed to connect to the VPN for the app to collect data.

Edit: Oh, I understand now. It is not my phone doing the SNMP graphing, but your server. That makes sense. I'm not sure I want to use that feature then, anyway, if your server has to store the data. That opens up potential privacy concerns with data storage etc. You should probably make that a bit clearer in the explanation of this feature that this is an externally hosted service.

dcharlie
just joined

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Hello,

Please advise How to activate PING command like windows terminal using the iWinbox.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Denny

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Hello,

Please advise How to activate PING command like windows terminal using the iWinbox.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Denny
Hi Denny.

* Connect to a device.
* Click the Tools tab, than click PING.
* Fill the fields according to your situation.

By the way, you can click the feedback button in the app to send question to me.
Best regards.

b3ko
just joined

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:24 am

What about support for api-ssl?

zipvault
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:34 am

Hello im new to mikrotik here

Do you have the framework for ROS

I would like to develop this further in swift

blajah
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 pm

zipvault
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:15 pm

Thanks blajah :D legend

Exactly what i was after i didnt realise thats what the api was hadnt learnt api yet

I only just found the packet flow diagram which is going along way in helping me understand the inernal routing.

jdg
just joined

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:55 pm

This app don't work with ROS 6.6 :(

charlesvandam
just joined

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi, Great app, does it support running scripts in the full version? it does not seem to work in the lite version...

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:20 pm

What about support for api-ssl?
Researching on it while encountering some obstacles.

Hello im new to mikrotik here

Do you have the framework for ROS

I would like to develop this further in swift
Sorry, I'm not going to share the private framework.

This app don't work with ROS 6.6 :(
Having some issues with RouterOS 6.6. You could upgrade RouterOS to latest version to fix this issue.

Hi, Great app, does it support running scripts in the full version? it does not seem to work in the lite version...
No. A good news is I am working on this feature. :D

Best regards
Fisher

athurdent

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Would it be possible to have a (customizable) Wireless Client List like in Quick Set -> Wireless? Or a customizable Wireless Registration section?
Or does SNMP in the Pro Version display all this already?

pietroscherer
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:09 pm

It would be nice to have iCloud integration, to have the router list in more than on iDevice :D

bogomilbinev
just joined

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:53 am

Hi, I have a 46 routers.
How I can sort router list by IP address or by comment ?

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Would it be possible to have a (customizable) Wireless Client List like in Quick Set -> Wireless? Or a customizable Wireless Registration section?
Or does SNMP in the Pro Version display all this already?
You could see wireless client in Wireless ->Registration. SNMP does not collect Wireless Registration in details so far. Customizable list view is on roadmap 3.0. :shock:
It would be nice to have iCloud integration, to have the router list in more than on iDevice :D
it's done. thanks. :D
Hi, I have a 46 routers.
How I can sort router list by IP address or by comment ?
not able to sort router list so far. you could filter them. By the way, sorting router list is a hot feature. it's under construction. :D

Best regards.

hassanein993
just joined

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:27 am

Dear
I can't use the app because don't know how to setup my mikrotik router

richfisher
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Dear
I can't use the app because don't know how to setup my mikrotik router
Hi, please check the following link to setup. https://i.srmapp.com/docs/index.html#ap ... ction-help .If the issue is not solved, feel free to contact me by email. myiwinbox@gmail.com

Since this post is aged, if anyone has questions, please contact me by email, Thanks!

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:49 am

Would it ever be possible for your iWinbox app to also use Winbox port 8291 to access/communicate with a MT? or is winbox a closed protocol that MT has not released details/specs for?

btw; i have bought the full , max, version of your app, mainly to support you!, as i dont have API nor API-SSL enabled on any of my 200+ MTs deployed
(and even if restricting the API service to 192.0.0.0/16 or restrict it by FW rules, i just dont feel comfortable enabling it).

thanks again for your work on this app! its really well done (i have used it on my home router a bit, just to see it in action!)

N8NOE
just joined

Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:57 pm

Can NOT get SNMP part of APP to Work?... Any HELP
Jeff

N8NOE
just joined

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Can NOT get SNMP part of APP to Work?... Any HELP
Jeff
WELL, Still ZERO mail Returned or Answered, this app would be GREAT if it functioned as Promoted.
In Particular wanted the Remote SNMP data, other than that I find it Useful to have, but wanted this data
For remote monitoring. The Author of the Software has not answered at all or here in fact. ? NOT sure if
I should just Request a Refund? Even an Answer of any-kind would let me know the software and project is still
Valid...

rogeriomaciel
just joined

Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:54 pm

Hello, congratulations for the App. Could you please help me with a little code? I need to execute the command to change the name of MikroTik but I am not able to pass the parameters in the API in Swift. I've tried in many ways

api.sendCommand(command: "/system/identity/set/name=TEST")
api.sendCommand(command: "/system/identity/set/=name=TEST")
api.sendCommand(command: "/system/identity/set\n=name=TEST")

What would be the correct way to execute the commands passing parameters?
Thanks for the help.