Community discussions

MikroTik App

davidreaton
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Upgrade to ROS 6.38.1 bricked my hAP AC RB962

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:17 am

I upgraded my hAP AC the normal way, dragging the new NPK file to the file area and rebooting. Worked many times before. This time the router went into an endless reboot cycle. Searching the forums, I saw Netinstall as a possible solution. I ran (as an administrator) Netinstall on my Windows 10 machine. Set the machine IP, set the IP config for Netinstall, cabled to eth1, and plugged in the unit while holding the reset tab. After 20 seconds or so, I saw the hAP AC in the upper netinstall window - it's status was 'ready'. I selected the proper firmware package, and clicked install. I saw no progress bar moving. No progress bar at all. After about 10 seconds, the hAP AC in the upper window showed a status of ready. However nothing has changed - still infinite reboots.

Of course I had turned the firewall and Windows Defender completely off. I tried running Netinstall in compatibility mode all the way down to windows XP. In each case, everything works well, but no progress bar is seen, and the router is still in infinite reboot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've seen this tale of woe throughout the forums. Hoping some expert will say 'AHA' I see where he went wrong.

Hope there's a solution, otherwise I've got a $129 paper weight. I think it's too late to RMA this puppy.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Dave

felony666
just joined

Re: Upgrade to ROS 6.38.1 bricked my hAP AC RB962

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi Dave!

I am facing exactly the same issue. Any progress you made to have it resolved?

G

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Upgrade to ROS 6.38.1 bricked my hAP AC RB962

Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:04 pm

...I think it's too late to RMA this puppy.
Dave
Why ?
If there is no mechanical signs of tampering with router then warranty should cover such problem.