Community discussions

MikroTik App

dcdata
just joined
Topic Author

Queue Tree priorities & Skype for business performing badly on RouterOS 6.35

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:55 am

Good day everyone,

We've run into an interesting challenge at one of our customer sites - since upgrading to RouterOS 6.35 we find that branch to branch Skype for Business video transmission is adversely affected and really slow from the Mikrotik I upgraded. Downgrading RouterOS on the Mikrotik RB1100 router back to 6.34.6 returns the Skype for Business video transmission to a working state.
Our setup is fairly simple - we have various queues defined in the queue tree using DSCP packet marks as identifiers. I can confirm that on version 6.35 the Skype for Business video traffic is being identified, marked and delivered to the correct queue in the queue tree but yet the lag in the video transmission is so bad that the receiving party at the remote site is basically unable to view the video.
I've scoured through RouterOS release notes and through the forums but haven't found anything that could explain why we are experiencing this issue with 6.35.
I realise this is rather weird sounding issue but we've confirmed a couple of times that downgrading the RouterOS version back to 6.34.x resolves the problem.
Has anyone come across this problem before?