Community discussions

MikroTik App

nordex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fidelio & Mikrotik

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:01 pm

I'm trying to implement hotspot service in a hotel where Fidelio is used for guests managments, billing etc.

There are ready solutions for HotSpots with Fidelio interfaces but I would like to implement MikroTik as it gives me much more control over network.

Question is, does anyone know what is the way to access fidelio and update guest bill ? Through ethernet on some sql database or through com port on fidelio server ?

I have searched on google, but I didn't found any direct and relevant info.

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:39 pm

You would receive a much better answer by asking the creators of Fidelio this question... I take it, the software is maintained, distributed, and sold by someone right?

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Having worked on a number of HMS systems I can tell you that all of them have custom requirements for writing information into the system database. You will almost have to take it up with the creators.

bjohns
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:56 am

Fidelio has an API, the reference for it costs a fair bit.

It would have to be the more popular PMS around, however as mentioned, there's a lot of them and each with it's own way of doing things.

You're probably better off developing a 'black box' of sorts that sits between the MT and various PMS systems - I think they usually use the PBX interface. A few companies offer such things, I know that one near me charges $5 per room per month for the luxury...

piri
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:13 am

Try Room Tracker from TelSoft, it interfaces with Traffic Tracker which interfaces with the MikroTik

http://www.telsoft.net.nz
http://www.roomtracker.co.nz
http://www.calltracker.co.nz
http://www.traffictracker.co.nz

cheers

Piri

nordex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:29 am

looks like their web site is still under development.
but tnx anyway, I'll check them again.

piri
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:53 pm

send me your email address and I will email you details of where you can download the demo software from.

piri@telsoft.net.nz

Piri

andreacoppini
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Fidelio & Mikrotik

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:42 pm

I'm trying to implement hotspot service in a hotel where Fidelio is used for guests managments, billing etc.
We're working on exactly this kind of setup right now in a couple of hotels. Leave your e-mail here and I will send you more info.

nordex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:03 pm

We're working on exactly this kind of setup right now in a couple of hotels. Leave your e-mail here and I will send you more info.
Hi there, my address is support @ dubrovnik-hotspot.com

tnx !

vitrag
just joined

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:17 am

Hi, any update on this?

andreacoppini
Trainer
Trainer

Wed May 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Might as well post it here for everyone's sake.

We got it working on the bench with the local Fidelio integrator, using OSC RADIATOR. RADIATOR is a very flexible RADIUS server which MikroTik can use and which supports loads of different databases as the back end, one of them being Micros Fidelio/Opera.

You'll need the Cisco plugin thing for Fidelio to get this to work, though.

http://www.open.com.au/radiator/

(Not directly affiliated, we just resell the software as part of our solutions)

vitrag
just joined

Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Might as well post it here for everyone's sake.

We got it working on the bench with the local Fidelio integrator, using OSC RADIATOR. RADIATOR is a very flexible RADIUS server which MikroTik can use and which supports loads of different databases as the back end, one of them being Micros Fidelio/Opera.

You'll need the Cisco plugin thing for Fidelio to get this to work, though.

http://www.open.com.au/radiator/

(Not directly affiliated, we just resell the software as part of our solutions)
Hi andreacoppini,

any document / guide will be really helpful

-Vitrag

andreacoppini
Trainer
Trainer

Thu May 21, 2009 3:24 am

Sure..and would you like fries with that sir? :)

Do a little search, read the manuals, it's all there.

vitrag
just joined

Thu May 21, 2009 10:33 am

Sure..and would you like fries with that sir? :)

Do a little search, read the manuals, it's all there.
No offense but trying to get anything from fidelio in terms of documentation, etc is a major problem. also regarding pms i am pretty new.
Another guess is if fidelio can work with radiator, there is a good chance it will work with MT user manager (they both work on radius protocol).
i would be obliged if u can give a pointer to the documents, i believe that's is what i asked in the previous post.

andreacoppini
Trainer
Trainer

Thu May 21, 2009 5:06 pm

what I meant -in a highly toned-down sarcastic tone- was that we went through quite a few pains ourselves to get the two working. We make a living by figuring out how to get stubborn, closed products to talk to each other.

So if you need this setup to work, by all means, get in touch with me out of the forum and we'll sort you out.

vitrag
just joined

Fri May 22, 2009 12:29 am

what I meant -in a highly toned-down sarcastic tone- was that we went through quite a few pains ourselves to get the two working. We make a living by figuring out how to get stubborn, closed products to talk to each other.

So if you need this setup to work, by all means, get in touch with me out of the forum and we'll sort you out.
we pretty much make a living out of the same line of work, you can pm or let me know you mail id to get in touch with you. We are based from india. This requirement is for a customer ofcourse $$$ are involved. at the moment this is on a proposal, hence needed to know if this was at all possible or not, if yes the commercials involved and the time frame.
Currently this is at a proposal stage and would like some inputs on the commercial and deliverable side

-Vitrag

interpoint
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi,

Has anyone completed some successfull MikroTik - Fidelio integrations recently ?

There must be a way as many of the larger hotel chains use this PMS and being able to integrate with MT.

If anyone has any project experiences doing this type of work please let it be known.

Many thanks

Shane

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Need this solution badly, but no help from the forum gurus and experts yet. We have lost some customer just becouse we can't figure this out with Mikrotik. ... Mikrotik is yet to speak.