Community discussions

MikroTik App

gustkiller
Topic Author

Queue Tree , QoS and simple queues for pppoe not working..

Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:49 pm

Hi,
I allways used hotspot for my customers but,I started to use pppoe with some costumers.

The problem:

I have a Queue tree for QoS and max limite per mangled packet marks. ex: HTTP highers priority than FTP for exemple..
One master Queue for Download = Attached to lan interface with subqueues to distribute the traffic for each protocol/mangled packet.
Another master Queue for Upload = Attached to wan interface with subqueues to distribuite the traffic and priotity for each protocol / mangled packet.

I noticed that the traffic generated by the pppoe connected clients doesnt pass trough the queue tree. ex: a costumer downloading something from http at 2mbits/s , the traffic doesnt show up in queue tree master queue and the child queue.

Master queue = showing 8mbits but the real traffic from all clients , the hotspotted and pppoe is 10mbits.

So after re-reading the Mikrotik manual i set the Father queue for download as global-in and the upload father queue i set the parent as global-out.

i forgot to say that i use a radius server that sends to mikrotik the simple queue for each costumer with the speeds for each one.
Than i noticed that when i set the queue tree parents as global-in and global-out the simple queue stoped to work and started to mark 0 traffic.

I would like to know if there's any way to set the queue tree to work with pppoe costumers, without messup with the simple queues.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Queue Tree , QoS and simple queues for pppoe not working..

Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:42 am

You have to avoid configuration, when the same traffic is limited in 'queue simple' and 'queue tree'.
Use 'queue simple' entries only, if you have dynamic PPP queues created.
Add static entries to 'queue simple', when you need advanced QoS scenarios (packet-mark is available there too).
Make sure that static queues for specific services are placed before dynamic queues (that match all traffic), rule order is important.

gustkiller
Topic Author

Re: Queue Tree , QoS and simple queues for pppoe not working..

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:35 pm

That's exactly what i wanted.
Thanks!

marioclep
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Queue Tree , QoS and simple queues for pppoe not working

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:00 pm

each simple queue is composed by one global-in + one global-out + one global-total... so if you user global-in and global-out interfaces in HTB, then simple queues will not work. Try using physical interfaces (wan / lan)