Community discussions

MikroTik App

trainwreck
just joined
Topic Author

Fasttrack and VRF questions

Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:47 am

Hello all, first post.

So I recently purchased an RB2011UiAS-RM rackmount unit. I have configured the router to have 2 distinct WANs and 2 LANs, with each LAN being NATted out the corresponding WAN. Basically, ETH1 is WAN1, ETH2-5 is LAN1, ETH6 is WAN2, and ETH7-10 is LAN2. I have done this by adding separate default gateways based on source address & outbound interface, as well as adding ports 6-10 into a separate VRF queue. This is working great so far.

I have read that there is a new "fasttrack" feature in one of the more recent RouterOS firmwares that greatly improves NAT performance. I am wondering whether my setup can properly use it? I believe I have enabled it successfully, using the "ip firewall filter" option, since "ip settings print" shows the following:
[admin@1176] > /ip settings print
              ip-forward: yes
          send-redirects: yes
     accept-source-route: no
        accept-redirects: no
        secure-redirects: yes
               rp-filter: no
          tcp-syncookies: no
         max-arp-entries: 8192
             arp-timeout: 30s
         icmp-rate-limit: 10
          icmp-rate-mask: 0x1818
             route-cache: yes
         allow-fast-path: yes
   ipv4-fast-path-active: no
  ipv4-fast-path-packets: 0
    ipv4-fast-path-bytes: 0
   ipv4-fasttrack-active: yes
  ipv4-fasttrack-packets: 810997
    ipv4-fasttrack-bytes: 1151663730
So it looks like it's working?

Also, is there any fasttrack support for IPv6? I only see ipv4 in the output above

(btw, I noticed that enabling the fasttrack broke my IPsec site-to-site tunnel. After lots of searching, I found the following link which said I have to remove IPsec from the fasttrack. I did so, and IPsec is working again. :)

https://schemen.me/mikrotik-fast-track- ... des-ipsec/