Community discussions

MikroTik App

feirmeoir
just joined
Topic Author

HELP - Reset RB 133/133c

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Hello,
Brand new to all this stuff, so please be patient.
Just purchased all the gear I need (MikroTik RB 133/133c, housing, POE etc.).
However, the RouterBoard is second hand and the previous owner was an ISP, therefore to access the RB, a username & password is required to access it - Previous owner can't recall username & password. I've tried all the suggestions from forum.mikrotik.com (reset jumper - tried ever combination and this did not work, soft reset etc.) but nothing works. I don't mind loosing all the existing settings, as I want to set up a link to another RB, but can anyone help me in gaining control of my RB? Using Winbox I can see the RB, but when I attempt to enter, it ask's for the username and password. I tried to update the firmware via Netinstall 3.20, but again this will not let me access the RB without the username & Password.
(Can you please give as much detail as possible:)
Thanks,

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: HELP - Reset RB 133/133c

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:02 pm

it will always ask for username and password. the 'reset' just puts it back to default

the default username is admin and there is no password

feirmeoir
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Yea, when I do that, I use the default username: admin and leave the password blank. Then when I go to connect, it waits a few seconds and then I get a message "Invalid Username or Password" and all I can do is click OK, and I am back to square one!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:38 pm

you can also try to reinstall the OS, in case it resets to some other defaults. just use Netinstall:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Netinstall

magnavox

Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:28 am

Yea, when I do that, I use the default username: admin and leave the password blank. Then when I go to connect, it waits a few seconds and then I get a message "Invalid Username or Password" and all I can do is click OK, and I am back to square one!
Hi, have you solved?