Community discussions

MikroTik App

maurool
just joined
Topic Author

Eth master port switch function issue

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Dear all,

I've an RB493 used as router, mainly to separate two networks with several nat rules behind (no wireless interfaces).

After learning about the eth "master port" setting to create a switch with hw asic, I disabled the bridge between eth2 to eth9 (eth1 is on the other network) and used eth2 as master port. I assigned an IP address to eth2 (that IP was assigned to the bridge before).

Now all works better and this solved also some timeout problems in transfer heavy data between ports, but a new strange problem came out.
I've another routerboard (RB532) on eth2 that acts as wireless AP. I can see that RB from all other ports, ping, etc...
But, I cannot see the device connected on eth2 from the RB493 itself! If I ping the 532 from 493 I get no answer, but I can ping devices on other slave eth. Rules that need to forward packets to the RB532 doesn't works anymore.

Thanks all for any idea on that! Mauro

maurool
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Eth master port switch function issue -> Solved!?

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:26 pm

My last try solved the problem, just installing version 3.25! Before it was 3.24... not sure if this is the solution or maybe the reboot did the job, but now it works again...

Mauro

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Eth master port switch function issue

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:49 pm

I just ran across this as well ... had to reboot the rb450 to get the port to come up in switch mode.