Community discussions

MikroTik App

mtDave
just joined
Topic Author

OSPF Redis Default Route prob

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:43 am

I have a multi-path (all MT) network using OSPF routing and I'm trying to get the Redistribute Default Route function to work properly when set to "if installed". Everything works fine if I set it to "always (as type 1)", but not when I change it to "if installed (type 1)". Using the Type 2 variant yields the identical result. When set to "if installed" it thinks the interface is down and it stops advertising. When I switch it back to "always" it comes back up. There's nothing wrong with the Internet connection and this is the edge router. I tried enabling/disabling the "Check gateway" feature but that didn't help.

I have 2 Internet connections in 2 different facilities and I want Internet traffic to failover to the working connection when the local connection fails (i.e. using the check gateway feature). The default redistribution works great when I flip it manually, but I can't figure out why the if-installed function is not work the way I expect it to.

Thanks,

MTDave

mtDave
just joined
Topic Author

Re: OSPF Redis Default Route prob

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Has anyone had any experience with "if installed" option?

Thanks,

Dave

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:23 pm

These are commonly documented features of OSPF. It really depends on what kind of Default route you have !

butche
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:55 am

I have a multi-path (all MT) network using OSPF routing and I'm trying to get the Redistribute Default Route function to work properly when set to "if installed". Everything works fine if I set it to "always (as type 1)", but not when I change it to "if installed (type 1)". Using the Type 2 variant yields the identical result. When set to "if installed" it thinks the interface is down and it stops advertising. When I switch it back to "always" it comes back up. There's nothing wrong with the Internet connection and this is the edge router. I tried enabling/disabling the "Check gateway" feature but that didn't help.

I have 2 Internet connections in 2 different facilities and I want Internet traffic to failover to the working connection when the local connection fails (i.e. using the check gateway feature). The default redistribution works great when I flip it manually, but I can't figure out why the if-installed function is not work the way I expect it to.
What version of RouterOS are you using, Dave?

mtDave
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:43 pm

v3.30

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:06 pm

what package - 'routing' or 'routing-test'? the latter is preffered

mtDave
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:13 pm

I've only ever installed the "complete" package when upgrading. I haven't installed the router-test package.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:43 pm

try with routing-test