Community discussions

MikroTik App

darencrew
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS logo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi all !

It might be a strange remark but on RouterOS 4.5, the winbox is showing a logo that is known to me but i can't remember where i saw this one before...

The logo itself is not a problem, but it make me wonder if Mikrotik is not beeing bought by another big company, with the disagreements related to such operations...

Maybe by knowing the origin of the logo i'll be reassured...

If anybody has any idea please let me know...

Regards

Daren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rpress
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RouterOS logo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Doesn't it look like the 'i' in MikroTik? I don't see any reason for concern. WinBox has had that logo for a couple RouterOS revisions now, although the WinBox version number stayed the same. :)

My one complaint is that in Windows 7 the icon is large in the task bar, but the icon does not have a high enough resolution so it is blocky. Actually, the icon looks fine at the login dialog but AFTER login it is blocky!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:42 am

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:45 am

My one complaint is that in Windows 7 the icon is large in the task bar, but the icon does not have a high enough resolution so it is blocky. Actually, the icon looks fine at the login dialog but AFTER login it is blocky!
yeah, I have noticed it sometimes, but lately - not anymore. see here:

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 am

look at old icon for Winbox, and in that instant you will know why it was changed :)

rpress
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 pm

I downloaded WinBox again but mine is still blocky.
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.