Community discussions

MikroTik App

dwschool
just joined
Topic Author

Redirect traffic to different machine on same network

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:18 pm

I have a mikrotik router sitting on my network that forwards all proxy requests to port 8080 to a different proxy server on the same network (192.192.192.192 -> 192.192.192.193). It works great but the log on the proxy server only shows the ip address of the mikrotik router. Is tharer any way to redirect the traffic through the router and still keep the original ip address, kind of like a pass-through only, not a NAT.

Another questions, if i have a mangle rule and a NAT rule on the same connections, are the connections mangled, because its the prerouting chain, and then put through the NAT?

Thanks

Dwayne

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Redirect traffic to different machine on same network

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 pm

1) You can forward traffic to local proxy and log the visited web-pages.
Then move traffic to the parent-proxy by parent-proxy settings in /ip proxy.

2) Here you can see, how packet is coming through the router, when mangle and NAT occur,
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Packet_Flow

dwschool
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:13 am

That would work, but my setup is a windows box that uses active directory authentication to allow web access. I would like to log both the username and ip address of the client machine.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:34 pm

You are not able to log on the RouterOS active directory username (if you are not using RADIUS for HotSpot).

dwschool
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:56 pm

I understand that, is it possible to redirect traffic through the mikrotik and keep the client address so that the windows box sees the original ip. After reading some posts it seemed it was possible through marking the packets and then somehow making a route to the windows machine.