Community discussions

MikroTik App

wirelesswaves
Topic Author

Rb411R downgrade help

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Guys

I received a batch of rb411R, which had ros3.27 on them... Without a second thought I upgraded to ros4.5. (as is the rest of the network I have)

Seems that the radio on the RB411R just does not play ball with Ros4.5.

Those that I just installed continually connect and disconnect for no apparent reason. Usually I am able to figure it out by adjusting parameters here and there, but this time I just cannot figure out what is going on.

However since I use the management frame protection.. I upgraded another new rb411r to ros 3.3+ wireless package, and its as stable as a rock.

Now how can I get back from ros4.6 to ros3.3+wireless package, when I try putting the 3.3 npk in the file directory and then rebooting, the report back is cannot downgrade from ros4.6 as ros4.6 is newer than ros3.3.

What is the method, there is NO serial IF on the RB and I am trying to avoid going to the clients premises...

jmaughmer
just joined

Re: Rb411R downgrade help

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:23 pm

after you upload the older version you can use winbox or a terminal. In a terminal use /system package downgrade and in winbox go to system, packages, and click on the downgrade button. Thats it.

wirelesswaves
Topic Author

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi

Not that I am doubting you but:

You cannot put an NPK package into the package directory directly... You have to firstly put it into files, then reboot.
At that point it is unzipped and transferred into the package directory.

I have tried that method.

Maybe you are suggesting to use the raw file format available by torrent and putting that into the package directory and then select downgrade.

But I guess I should have said that I am looking for another method other than having to use a torrent to download the raw file format and then install that into the package directory.

missinlnk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 pm

He's right. To downgrade a routerboard, upload the npk to the root of the files list as normal. Then do his steps. It'll work.

wirelesswaves
Topic Author

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:52 am

Big thank you to you both.

Sorry for the doubts.

What you both suggest works fine.

Thanks