MikroTik App

eghtedari2000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Burst for quee tree not working

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:24 pm

hi all

i setup a quee tree in mikrotik and setup priority for bandwidth usage in quee tree.

one if my tree is with lowest priority is for download users. and i want to have burst service on the bandwidth of this group, but burst doesnt work when i test, also i cant use burst threshhold because of all of the time the bandwidth of this group is full because of they are download users,

can any body help me

thanks

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Burst for quee tree not working

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:57 pm

if you use PCQ, it's impossible to use burst for each subqueue

eghtedari2000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:55 pm

if you use PCQ, it's impossible to use burst for each subqueue
ok, thanks alot for your guide

so i have questions:

1-does it possible to set priority for the size of packet and if it is possible how can i do that

2-does it possible to set priority for kind of packet VOIP, WEB, download and etc.

please be note that i have also priority for bandwidth usage in que tree.

i wanted to know if i can set priority in size of packet or protocol it works for all of que trees or i can set for some of them.

thanks for all of the time that you help.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:22 pm

you can match packet size in firewall mangle, and then send in to necessary queue (by packet-mark)

eghtedari2000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:12 pm

you can match packet size in firewall mangle, and then send in to necessary queue (by packet-mark)
really thanks alot for your response speed.

i found the packet size, so i think the UNIt is at byte, am i right?

also i want to have the first priority for VOIP packets, after that WEB and after that other packets.

can you offer me optimized packet size, because you have more skill about that?

also i wanted to know number of priority that i can set in router, can i set more than 8 in quee tree?

thanks

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:26 pm

I think, you should read some neighbour topics about queues and priorities. for example, there's no such things like 'strict priority' (http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40823) - you should (approximately) know your bandwidth, and create leaf queues with necessary limitations

for basic setup you may distinguish by ports: Web (80/tcp, 443/tcp), VoIP (5060?/udp), and the rest

eghtedari2000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:31 pm

I think, you should read some neighbour topics about queues and priorities. for example, there's no such things like 'strict priority' (http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40823) - you should (approximately) know your bandwidth, and create leaf queues with necessary limitations

for basic setup you may distinguish by ports: Web (80/tcp, 443/tcp), VoIP (5060?/udp), and the rest

so can you say me about number of priority that possible in router and also can you explain me about "random" parameter under packet size?

also when i set the port i can have 2 parammeter, protocol and packet size of that protocol, am i right?

and also when i dont set any priority for protocols and port they automaticly go to lower priority or went up ? i wanted to know when i set a priority for a port should also for other all or not?

thanks

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 03, 2010 3:12 am

all that you can find in the Manual

about priority: it's not the priority of packet compared to other packets. it's priority of leaf queue compared to the leaf queues with the same parent. i.e. if you have only one queue, there's nothing to prioritize