Community discussions

MikroTik App

fabricioviana
just joined
Topic Author

Default priority in queue tree

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Hello ! I have a doubt about priority in the queue trees in the example below:

1)In the mangle table I set up all packets that have port 22 as destination with “PORT22” mark

2)Then I go to queue tree to add a rule that all packets with “PORT22” mark will have priority 2

This is the only queue tree rule. I understand all packages destinated to port 22 will have priority 2. So far so good…

My question is: in this scenario what is the priority of the packets other than “PORT22”?

Is there an default priority or the correct way is to mark all packets first with lower priority (ex: 8 ) and then set up as above?

Thanks
Fabricio

kazanova

Re: Default priority in queue tree

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Simple queues have strict order - each packet must go through every queue until it will meet conditions. (In case of 1000 queues, packet for last queue will need to proceed through 999 queues before it will reach the destination)

# priority (1..8) : Prioritize one child queue over other child queue. Does not work on parent queues (if queue has at least one child). One is the highest, eight is the lowest priority. Child queue with higher priority will have chance to reach its limit-at before child with lower priority and after that child queue with higher priority will have chance to reach its max-limit before child with lower priority. Priority have nothing to do with bursts.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Queue