Community discussions

MikroTik App

AdinaNet
just joined
Topic Author

PPtP Rx Errors at client side, ideas?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:20 pm

The network looks like this:

DSL Modem->RB750->RB411w/5GHz->RB433w/5GHz(two 5GHZ radios)->RB133->RB750->RB153w/5GHZ->RB411->RB450G

My problem is that I have an access point on that second 750, as well as some other access points on the network behind it, that do not seem to be able to get to facebook or some other web sites anymore reliably. CSS files seemingly do not get fetched, connections time out, etc. I have worked with Butch Evans' PPTP tunnel docs to produce a tunnel from the first RB750 to the RB450G, and am using PCC to split the Internet traffic between my bonded T1s and the DSL. When working only with the T1, customers are fine. Mix in that DSL, and there are problems. I can surf FB all day long here at the 450G, so it only occurs to the customers, making it worse for my brain! The RB450G shows numerous Rx Drops and Errors on the PPTP link, while the RB750 side seemingly shows only 1-2 or less Rx Drops/Errors.

Thoughts? MTU has been adjusted all over the map. FB wants a 1472 size max packet (determined with ICMP test), the default tunnel size was 1460. I've hit just about everything in between, and no assistance.

Ideas? Is the PPTP tunnel not my problem, rather the PCC queues? I am so confused, and I really need to solve this problem. Was told PPTP is better than EOIP for flattening out the network to allow the PCC setup, other thoughts?

Thanks,

AdinaNet