MikroTik App

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

IPv6 tunnel brokers - TSP vs 6in4

Wed May 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Hey Guys,

Posting this from a router that's running a free ipv6 tunnel from tunnelbroker.net (he.net) which works great.
This uses a 6in4 tunnel to their servers to pass back either a /64 or if requested a /48 block that you can break up yourself.

I was however wondering if there was any support for TSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnel_Setup_Protocol) enabled connections or if there will be any in the future?

Currently the distance from me to the nearest he.net server is such that I have a 300ms hop in my ipv6 connections.
There are 2 major providers of IPv6 tunnels here in Australia however both only use TSP as the connection configuration option.

More info on IPv6 tunnel brokers can be found here along with the connection methods used: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IP ... el_brokers

--
Edit: if anyone can alternatively suggest how I'd go about getting the correct details etc from a TSP client (such as the hexago client) this would also be great.. if I figure it out myself I'll post back here :-)

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: IPv6 tunnel brokers - TSP vs 6in4

Wed May 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Ok, update.. for those providers offering routed ipv6 blocks, simply go into the hexago client and under the advanced tab.
1. tick "enabled routing advertisements"
2. pick an interface on your local machine (doesn't matter what it is as it's only for a minute or 2)
3. change the prefix length to match what the provider is supposed to be giving you (eg: 48 for a /48 range)
4. save and hit connect
5. change to the status page and take note of the: "local endpoint address", "remote endpoint address" and the "delegated prefix"

This should be all you need to finish setting up your connection :-)