Community discussions

MikroTik App

superrouter
Topic Author

Changeip DDNS UPDATE error

Sun May 23, 2010 9:23 am

Hi

When using the newest script for changeip ddns update {tested on 4.2 version} i get an error on my x86 routeros running on v4.6 or 4.9 router.

it sends an update according to the scheduler and updates the ip but gives a funny message.

script info DDNS: Sending UPDATE!
ddns error SSLread error

the script isnt working properly now as it does not check if the ddns is up to date and always sends an update to the changeip servers (which is not ideal) ;)

Any help would be super appreciated.
Cheers

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Changeip DDNS UPDATE error

Sun May 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Thats an interesting error, never seen that one. Are the updates still hitting our system? Also, is your time and date correct on the router? Maybe it thinks the SSL cert is expired or before valid date because of time settings.

superrouter
Topic Author

Re: Changeip DDNS UPDATE error

Wed May 26, 2010 8:52 am

I know, I have never had that message either. I do usually set the time right away and configure NTP client. What I did this time was just upgrade a rb112 ( my little home test router :) ) to the routeros v5 beta. then installed that script of yours just by copying it from the wiki and i pasted it into the terminal then obviously inserted the correct login info.

After I posted the topic I downgraded the router to 4.9 and the problem went away. Just to answer your question, yes it was still updating the ip, but always posting an update to the server even if the ip is the same as the active one.