Community discussions

MikroTik App

jhendrix
just joined
Topic Author

EoIP & DHCP Server

Wed May 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Hey guys I'm having DHCP issues.

I have two routers, 192.168.2.1 & 192.168.2.5.

I have an EoIP interface set up pointing to both of them, and I'm using PPTP as the link between them. The 192.168.2.5 router is connecting to the .1 router and is issued another IP of 192.168.2.6.

The EoIP is working fine, I'm streaming all network data, not just TCP/IP like a standalone PPTP would allow.

My EoIP & Local Ethernet port are bridged to make the EoIP work.

My problem is having to do with DHCP leases. Each router, .1 & .5 have their own DHCP pool that is independent of each other. The pools don't overlap, nor do any other IPs on the network.

When clients connected to the .5 router try to get an IP, sometimes they get one from the .1 router & sometimes they get one from the .5 router.

My DHCP networks are set up the same 192.168.2.0/24 as address & netmask, but I set the gateways different. The .1 has a .1 gateway, while the .5 has a .5 gateway.

Is there any way of making the users on the .5 router only get DHCP leases from the .5 router?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: EoIP & DHCP Server

Wed May 26, 2010 3:48 pm

You can make static leases on all routers and disable dynamic leases to avoid situation, when user gets an IP address from different routers.
However it is better to use one DHCP server on the network.