Community discussions

MikroTik App

tosino
just joined
Topic Author

ticket accounting issues

Fri May 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Good day all,
I noticed that once there is a loss of power supply at whhere our network mikrotik server hotspot is, the tickets which are logged in restart from where they were before the log-in e.g
if i loggin to use a 1hr ticket created using usermanager and there is a power interruption when i have been on the network for 30minutes, when i relogin i will be restarted on 1hr instead of 30minutes.
However if i had logged out before d outage or by idlle timeout, then i just continue from 30minutes.
Any solution to solve this network problem will be greatlly appreciated.
Thanks

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ticket accounting issues

Sat May 29, 2010 12:43 pm

That can't be done as such. The time is subtracted at logout time. With a power outage there is no logoff message so accounting doesn't happen because there is no RADIUS ACCOUNTING STOP packet so no use time gets subtracted.

You can turn on interim accounting to send periodic accounting updates that will subtract time and data, but on power loss you will still not have the data between the last update and the outage.

Also, deploy a UPS so you don't have power outages.

tosino
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Pls how do i go about it.I have 2 server profiles.
a default and the one we actually use.
Thanks

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Turn on interim accounting in the Hotspot server or PPPoE server profile. Refer to the manual on the wiki for details.