Community discussions

MikroTik App

ransom
Topic Author

combining 4x 4meg ADSL lines

Mon May 31, 2010 6:30 pm

So far I managed to find the nth method of distributing packets using mangle markers.

my setup: 4x ADSL modems in bridge modem and my MT750 does the pppoe dial up, NAT and firewall.

question 1:
How would the firewall rules look like - a rule per pppoe interface? For instance do i block ICMP ping 4 times, one for each interface? If I have incoming ports mapped, do I need to allow for all 4 pppoe's ?

Question 2:
Can I use the gateway ping method to do failover? I probably need to ping some internet ip?

Thanx!

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: combining 4x 4meg ADSL lines

Mon May 31, 2010 7:05 pm

To question2: NO.
If your 750 gets the pppoe, each port knows if it's active or not.. if has Internet.. and you don't need to ping Internet IPs.

Question1: It depends.. but usually YES. If you need to open port 22 to your network server.. you don't need to open it in the 4 pppoe.. why? ; )
but if you need to block ICMPs, you need to block in all IN interfaces..

I hope it helps!

ransom
Topic Author

Re: combining 4x 4meg ADSL lines

Mon May 31, 2010 7:33 pm

On, on Question 1:
all ports are blocked on incoming pppoe, so I have to accept forward port to 3389 on all 4 interfaces on firewall filter? Or do I only accept forward to dst-port 3389 in firewall filter without specifying interface and it will work, no matter which interface?

Question 2:
I will remove the add default gateway option on my 4 pppoe's. I will manually input those gateways in routes. how will it know if gateway is able to send/receive without ping and if not able to send/receive traffic not use that gateway?

Thanx!