Community discussions

MikroTik App

tete
Topic Author

Metarouter & VPN

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi all,

This is my scenario;

I want to give access in a small Datacenter to clients VLANs to its own home LANs. I have thought I could use Metarouter, so I can give each client a diferent router.

The idea seems like that:

Eth1(Parent) - VLAN_Client - BRIDGE - ViF1 - Eth1 (Metarouter)

I have tested it and works well. The problem is that I only want to waste one IP Public Address for all the clients to receive its VPN connection over PPTP so I think the PPTP server must be in the Parent router Eth2. I this case I don't know how to give access to a remote LAN on the PPTP Client from the Metarouter.

Does anyone knows how to do it or have tested it?

Greetings

roadracer96
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Metarouter & VPN

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:44 am

Use RADIUS and assign them a specific IP with FW rules that route that IP to their network and only their network.

1 IP, limitless connections. The metarouter route sounds fine, but is over-complicated.

tete
Topic Author

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:52 am

You have all the reason.

If you have Public IP Addresses available it is easy using two bridges. But to use it with only one Public Address that must have the PPTP Server linked, it is very complicated becouse you have to route other intermediate network for each

Greetings

roadracer96
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:49 pm

Youd have to do that either way.... Even in Metarouters, the customers private network would somehow need to be routed to it...