Community discussions

MikroTik App

rnoguera2
just joined
Topic Author

L2TP entering state: dead

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi,

I have a RB750 working as a L2TP server. Several (8) Mikrotik devices (RB750 & RB4XX) connect to this server through the Internet using L2TP.

They are configured in similar terms, except the username, password and tunnel IP.

RouterOS is 4.10 for all of them.

They all connect fine but one. This particular client is a RB750 and connects only once after being powered. If I try to use the tunnel (telnet, winbox) it dies several seconds after, and never comes up again. In fact the L2TP client tries to connect to the server, but unsuccesfully.

I tried to figure out any difference between this tunnel and the others, unsuccesfully.

This is a capture from the l2tp debug log:

I would be gratefuel if anyone could give me a clue about this strange behaviour.

yarda
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: L2TP entering state: dead

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi,

I have a RB750 working as a L2TP server. Several (8) Mikrotik devices (RB750 & RB4XX) connect to this server through the Internet using L2TP.

They are configured in similar terms, except the username, password and tunnel IP.

RouterOS is 4.10 for all of them.

They all connect fine but one. This particular client is a RB750 and connects only once after being powered. If I try to use the tunnel (telnet, winbox) it dies several seconds after, and never comes up again. In fact the L2TP client tries to connect to the server, but unsuccesfully.

I tried to figure out any difference between this tunnel and the others, unsuccesfully.

This is a capture from the l2tp debug log:

I would be gratefuel if anyone could give me a clue about this strange behaviour.

Did you find answer for this problem? I have tha same.

risipetillo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: L2TP entering state: dead

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:24 am

Very strange, I'm having a similar problem which started about 2-3 days ago. Affecting only one l2tp-client, I removed, and recreated it, but still no luck ... very strange