Community discussions

MikroTik App

riaanmaree
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Share IP pool between multiple Routers

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Because a limited number of IPv4 addresses still available and the reluctancy of upstream ISPs handing out hundreds op public IPv4 adresses, we would like to set up a central IP pool for our whole network or segments op our network to be used on PPPoE.

This means we do not have to guess the number of IPs we need to add to the PPPoE IP pool of each router with multiple sectors. IPs can then be issued from a central shared pool an available on any sector and router as needed.

I know the routing tables would be quite large as routing tables will include lots of rules for pools devided up into smaller blocks. We're using BGP and need to cater for about 750 users at the moment.

Any suggestions?

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Share IP pool between multiple Routers

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

You have 2 options

1- Say it loud in different sections of the forum to be heard and backed up by other people like me and make it filed as a feature request by Normis :)))

or

2- Run OSPF in the internal network and distrubute the IPs centrally from your RADIUS.

Muqatil
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:08 am

I'm using successfully doush' option 2 :D
To keep low the number of OSPF Routers in the network, i sync the APs of a site with the router site via BGP
1500 users so far without problems

acim

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:03 am

Can you explain this, please?