Community discussions

MikroTik App

tomswenson
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Bad CPE bringing down entire network.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:08 pm

This is a very strange problem to figure out. I happened to two different AP's yesterday and one about a month ago. Both were after lightning storms. I can understand the lightning ruining radios, but I sure wish they didn't take down the entire network.

When this happens, I can get into every ones radios... including the bad one. All looks good, wlan ok, ethernet ok. But, when I look on my AP under registration, I see one of the CPE's LASTIP number jumping around so that it matches other clients. I DHCP public IP's to the client pc's or routers. The duplicate IP's are only the public ones, not the private IP's I use for the CPE's. I have the AP set as a router and the CPE's as bridges, using station pseudobridge.

I sure can't figure out how a CPE can generate a LAST IP of another clients address.

Tom

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Bad CPE bringing down entire network.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:21 am

Perhaps is a human with a malfunction?

mktwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Hy guys!
Does anyone resolve this problem? I have same problem on bridge network where there are 80/90 Mikrotik client (all station pseudobridge).

I try to upgrade router os on client that freeze entire network, but problem is the same; i try to change radio MAC ADDRES but nothing. The only way to resolve problem is disconnect client or change it with another one.

Pleas help us

Best regards

tomswenson
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:52 pm

I have never found a solution for this other than to replace the client. Very frustrating to figure out. This has happened to me twice now. I only found the culprit by de-authorizing clients and watching the last ip field.

Tom

mktwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Help please!
Today I send a message to support@mikrotik.com and I hope to receive an answer soon.
I try disabling Default forward on AP-BRIDGE and on Access-list of AP, but problem is the same.

Need help

jcem
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Some ideas.....

I had some similar problems with an early Beta5
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 35#p220435

Make sure don't have any unwanted dhcp client settings

RGDS