Community discussions

MikroTik App

jirristols
Topic Author

PPPoE over VLAN's to other RB

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:43 am

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to tag 2 ADSL lines in seperate Vlans using ROS, send them over a wireless link to another MT-RB and have that RB Authenticate the DSL lines on that side so I can load balance them on with the RB. I believe the loadbalancing I can handle but I've always struggled with VLAN's.

As shown in the picture MikroTik A has the ADSL lines on his side - Adds them to a trunk - Sends them over transparent Wireless Link to MikroTik B - MikroTik B then Creates 2 PPPoE-Clients on the seperate lines and loadbalances them.

Is this even possible?

Please help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Re: PPPoE over VLAN's to other RB

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:41 am

Simply bridge the Ethernet port that the pPPOe line is one, and the vlan you want it on. On the opposite end, you can do PPPoE clients on the VLANs.

jirristols
Topic Author

Re: PPPoE over VLAN's to other RB

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:47 am

Simply bridge the Ethernet port that the pPPOe line is one, and the vlan you want it on. On the opposite end, you can do PPPoE clients on the VLANs.
Are you sure that will work? I've tried that and it didn't seem to work... I'm going to recreate the setup and post my config if someone wouldn't mind looking.

Thanks.