Community discussions

MikroTik App

hasnat
just joined
Topic Author

Can't get full bandwidth to access my ftp server

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:54 am

hi..

i have a mt that works fine but i can't get NIC built-in bandwidth to download any file or movie or anything else from my local ftp server.When i try to download something from my ftp server using mikrotik pppoe user list it uses mt pppoe profile tx/rx bandwidth.How can i overcome it?

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Can't get full bandwidth to access my ftp server

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 am

Do not set limit in ppp profile.

hasnat
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 am

hi..

i have a mt that works fine but i can't get NIC built-in bandwidth to download any file or movie or anything else from my local ftp server.When i try to download something from my ftp server using mikrotik pppoe user list it uses mt pppoe profile tx/rx bandwidth.How can i overcome it?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Do not set limit in ppp profile.
Do that, and set up manual queues that only apply when going to outside servers so that there is still a general rate limit.
Or learn how to use queue trees to override simple queues.

Assuming a server with IP 1.1.1.1 that no rate limit is to be applied to, you can fake that out by overriding with a rate limit set to 100meg (or something else high enough to not affect clients).
/ip firewall mangle
add chain=prerouting dst-address=1.1.1.1 action=mark-packet new-packet-mark=override
add chain=postrouting dst-address=1.1.1.1 action=mark-packet new-packet-mark=override
/queue tree
add parent=global-in type=pfifo max-limit=100000000 packet-mark=override
add parent=global-out type=pfifo max-limit=100000000 packet-mark=override