Community discussions

MikroTik App

Borkata
just joined
Topic Author

Winbox connection error - "roteros.dll is not valid .."

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 am

Hi,

I've got an error trying to connecto to my routerboard (CrossRoad AP/CPE). The problem is that after the Winbox downloads the files from the board, it reports the following error on the titled window "Bad Image":

"roteros.dll is not valid Windows image"

and after that:
"Missing RouterOS Winbox plugins"

Not long ago I conected to the board by early files from the cache on my computer and it connects OK, but after deleting the cache I think that the files which winbox downloads from the routerboard now are damaged. So, can I use some other client or can I simply remove/replace/ the damaged DLL file for the version 2.9.51? Does anyone know where I can download the full windows executable winbox version including DLL files. I want siply to replace in the PC to allow Winbox to connect to the routerboard.

I tried to clean the cache and it not helps. I changed to another PC and download the Winbox again but the result was the same. I go into the conclusion that the dll files, which are downloaded from the routerboard are damaged.

Do you know is it possible to fix this problem (to upload new winbox files) in the routerboard image without reinstalling all the routerOS and to save the current configuration?

PS: I copied some dll cached files from the cache directory which was created when connetcing to another MT with v2.9.27. When I copied the roteros.dll to the cache directory (replaced it) which is created for the CPE connection, the WinBox starts correctly. The problem is in the downloaded roteros.dll from the CPE board (the file was self damaged in time but from the beginning it was in good condition). OK, is there a way to upload only the correct routeros.dll file back to the CPE board?

vk7zms
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Winbox connection error - "roteros.dll is not valid .."

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:31 am

If you are using the latest version of Mikrotik Winbox Loader - untick the "secure mode" tick box and it will probably let you in.

Otherwise just use an ssh client like putty.exe and learn Mikrotik cli :)

saintofinternet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:11 pm

If you are using the latest version of Mikrotik Winbox Loader - untick the "secure mode" tick box and it will probably let you in.

Otherwise just use an ssh client like putty.exe and learn Mikrotik cli :)

we are talking about when there is no IP and we need to connect through the MAC ID ( Layer 2 )

spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Mac telnet from another MT router?

saintofinternet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 am

not working....

will Neighbour MAC Telnet work?

spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:00 am

Its got me out of some sticky situations once or twice ;-)

kolommi1
just joined

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 pm

I've got the same problem, the advice with security mode didn't work neither. The problem is definitely not in RB, but in PC. The problem occures only with RB 4.17 (in my case, on several RB). It works from another PC or via telnet. I've tried to remove all winbox stuff, .dll etc. but without any result.

Appreciate any advice.

Michal

saintofinternet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:01 am

does anyone out there have any update on this??