MikroTik App

shrick
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Please bring back the RB600.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi All

I have 2 base stations, running RB600's with lots of success. Such an efficient board in term of the number of wireless interfaces and price. And, its stable! I'm now having trouble with 2 of my boards after bad weather...

First, I realize that the RB600 has been discontinued. Why?! This board is a winner.

Second, I realize that the RB600 has been superseded by the RB800. The board is more than 2 times the price of a RB600! I don't need this kind of processing power in a board, for my application the RB600 was more than what I needed!

Third, I realize that the RB800 is not a very stable board - according to the forums?

Forth, I realize that nobody in South Africa has stock of the RB800!

What do I do now?

I cannot substitute my current RB600's with RB433's because I'm running 5 x XR5 wireless cards in each. A 433 can only take to XR5's, thus for each RB600 I'll have to mount 3 x RB433... this is a logistical nightmare on my towers!

What do I do guys? Please bring back the RB600!

I'm really thinking on popping a RB750 on my towers and replacing all my equipment with Ubiquity Airmax products.

Sorry, but I'm disappointed.

DannyZ
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Please bring back the RB600.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Sorry - can't help with your demand. But did u research webshops?i have found em in stock in EU.