Community discussions

MikroTik App

LordBinary
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik-Rate-Limit + PPPoE + Radius

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi

I have Radius server set up that is managing my user groups.

I have an RB450G set up as a PPPoE Server for my Clients that is set up with radius for my server.

The Clients can authenticate on the PPPoE Server and the Radius Server does pass Mikrotik-Rate-Limit to the PPPoE Server.

It also dynamically creates simple Queues for the pppoe clients with the correct RX and TX rates eg: 1024k upload and 384k download

The problem is that the queues don't work. The clients can still download faster then 384kbps for eg.

I am using RouterOS version 4.16 with radius topic set on the log

When i check the log on the routerboard for radius events it shows an Accounting Accept Packet with MT-Rate-Limit ="1024k/384k"

Can any one Help ? :)
Much Appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LordBinary
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik-Rate-Limit + PPPoE + Radius

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:57 am

I have figured out that I had a PCQ set up under the Queue trees and that stopped the simple queues from working.

I disabled the Queue tree and The Rate Limits on the simple queues started to work.

Skitzo
just joined

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:39 pm

I have the same problem,
but I do not have pcq in other tabs of queue

in my real situation i see only traffic in upload but not in download
If i try a bandwidth test from another routerboard, the speed goes up more than the limit of queue
instead if I try this from the routerboard where is located the PPoE the queue is working

I have tried to disable everythings but seem that the simple queue are not working on ppoe interfaces
or is a routing problem

only for info, i have activated, on bridge, the tag "use firewall on PPoE"
and PPoE is on a bridge (ppoe Bridge)

there is anyone that can help me ??

LordBinary
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:42 pm

I have Encountered this problem again now in Version 5.4 of Router OS on a RB450G. I Have a PPTP Server that uses my radius server authenticate users. The radius passes back MT-Rate-Limit="2048k/512k" and the Dynamic Queue is created under simple queues but the Download Rate does not work.

NB. this time I also do not have any PCQ or Queue Tree setup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Most probably the PPP server is on a bridge.

/interface bridge settings> set use-ip-firewall=no

LordBinary
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Thank You. That does seem to solve the problem. If I untick the option for "Use IP Firewall" under Bridge settings it does work. The problem now is that my PPTP Server Profile has an option for BRIDGE and if i deselect it PPTP clients cannot login.

I have 3 services running on the same Board.
PPPoE Server and Hotspot on one Bridge.
PPTP on another Bridge.

The reason for this is that Hotspot does not work together with PPTP on the Same interface it keeps giving Clients the Login Screen.

samsoft08
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 am

many THANX doush

Cantabria

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:48 am

I have the same problem
Have any solution ??

THANKS

rondex
just joined

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Similar problem here. Interface traffic does not match simple queue associated with pppoe interface traffic. Anything?

Thanks

maratgub

Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 am

Uphold the same problem talking!
Here is my config
X86 SERVER OS6.0rc6
/ip firewall mangle
add action=mark-packet chain=postrouting comment=DOM_300 disabled=no dst-address-list=DOM_300 new-packet-mark=DOM_300 passthrough=no src-address=0.0.0.0/0
add action=mark-packet chain=prerouting comment=DOM_300 disabled=no dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 new-packet-mark=DOM_300 passthrough=no src-address-list=DOM_300

/queue type
add kind=pcq name=10M_DOWN pcq-burst-rate=0 pcq-burst-threshold=0 pcq-burst-time=10s pcq-classifier=dst-address pcq-dst-address-mask=32 pcq-dst-address6-mask=64 pcq-limit=50 pcq-rate=10M pcq-src-address-mask=32 pcq-src-address6-mask=64 pcq-total-limit=2000
add kind=pcq name=10M_UP pcq-burst-rate=0 pcq-burst-threshold=0 pcq-burst-time=10s pcq-classifier=src-address pcq-dst-address-mask=32 pcq-dst-address6-mask=64 pcq-limit=50 pcq-rate=10M pcq-src-address-mask=32 pcq-src-address6-mask=64 pcq-total-limit=2000

/queue simple
add disabled=yes name=queue1 packet-marks=DOM_300 queue=10M_UP/10M_DOWN

The problem is the same does not correctly display prohozhdlenie packages pripervom connecting creating cutting a person works 20 seconds later blocked and all no Internet!
Reconnected and the same is not an Internet queue Simple on/off
then gives access to the release 6.0r6 not working properly can be even worse in general, this rule to block everything!
I checked on the same OS6.0rc6 RB751 it works well