Community discussions

MikroTik App

dchouinard
just joined
Topic Author

New ISP setup

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Hello everyone

I'm putting in place an rural WISP setup with mikrotik and ubiquiti antenna. Actually, we are already covering a pretty large area and thing are running quit fine. But we have no control on what's going on the network. This week we had a fiber line put in place and a range of public IP are now available to hand out to our customers.

We have figured out how to handle pretty much all building block but I'm getting confused whan I try to put everything in place.

We are not closed to any suggestion.

Here are my questions :

- I need to provide thise public IP. We were expecting to use VPLS link bridge to the Ubiquiti AP, but I do not see how I could track each specific client that way. Neither was I able to provide each client only one public IP. Any trick for that.

- PPPoE sound old tech in my head. Should I review my position? It looks like the RADIUS server could give me handfull lot of control on user access.

- If I use PPPoE, can I put it in the CPE and expect the user to get one DHCP public adress?