Community discussions

MikroTik App

vvishal5
just joined
Topic Author

logging visited url with source IP address

Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi,

we are using RB450G as our gateway router where multiple pc are connected via static route and natted private IP, we need to takE a log of visited url of each client including their sorce IP, when using webproxy with remote log we are able to get visited url however the IP always shows as router IP

is there a way out where we can log visited url with source IP address

This is required for us to monitor which user visited which sites during different time of the day

Regards

Vishal

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: logging visited url with source IP address

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Vishal, perhaps there is one more another proxy before your proxy or masquerade is happening on some point.

My proxy is showing IP addresses of the customers,

12:23:47 web-proxy,account 192.168.7.166 GET http://www.test.com/images/design/new-right-bottom.png action=allow cache=HIT (after validation)
12:23:47 web-proxy,account 192.168.7.166 GET http://www.test.com/images/design/new-left-bottom.png action=allow cache=HIT (after validation)
12:23:47 web-proxy,account 192.168.7.166 GET http://www.test.com/images/design/more.png action=allow cache=HIT (after validation)

maximan
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:38 pm

are you masking the request for proxy?

M:

vvishal5
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:05 am

Sergejs,

Indeed this is working, iam now able to log host ip with their url visited, there was some issue in dsnat redirect to port 8080, however i have two major problems

First

In the log i also see IP that do not belong to my network (unber web-proxy account) - ive attached a file with unknown IP in blocks for reference
-is the web-proxy account and web-proxy debug x-forwerded-for both the same in terms that they log the host or source ip address

second

by using web proxy i forced to use dnat to redirect port from 80 to 8080 and added to this this may take considerable cpe usage in routerboard, is there any other way i can log ip and thier url visited withoput using web proxy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shaantaz2003
just joined

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi my name id Jaffar and i am highly thankfull to u people for ur post

I need a help today

i am using routeros and i am not able to get users logging visited url with source IP address

i have also set up web proxy
can any one Plz Help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grizly
just joined

Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:57 am

Not sure if you guys got the help you needed, but it looks like your proxy has been opened to the world, you need a rule like:
/ip firewall filter add action=jump chain=input comment=\
    "Ensure proxy is accessible only to internal clients" disabled=no \
    dst-port=8080 in-interface=ether1 jump-target=drop protocol=tcp
Where ether1 is your internet port.

This will ensure that only those LOCAL to the network can access the web-proxy service. (If you put it sufficiently high in the input chain that is.. :-)

kraker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:04 am

use tcp rule for log but ı can not tried it with proxy.

chain=forward action=log connection-state=new protocol=tcp log-prefix=""

stephennoel
just joined

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:54 am

Sergejs,

Indeed this is working, iam now able to log host ip with their url visited, there was some issue in dsnat redirect to port 8080, however i have two major problems

First

In the log i also see IP that do not belong to my network (unber web-proxy account) - ive attached a file with unknown IP in blocks for reference
-is the web-proxy account and web-proxy debug x-forwerded-for both the same in terms that they log the host or source ip address

second

by using web proxy i forced to use dnat to redirect port from 80 to 8080 and added to this this may take considerable cpe usage in routerboard, is there any other way i can log ip and thier url visited withoput using web proxy

hello can you tell me how you configured to get this type of logs??