Community discussions

MikroTik App

BalaMondO
just joined
Topic Author

Help.. RB450G make my NET connection very slow.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Hello,
Dear MikroTik Users,
I have RB450G and my connection speed is 16mb, so i face some problem from long time from the first day i bought my RB450G.
which is my net connection become very slow after few days from a fresh programming, then i reset my RB450g to the default factory, then reprogramming again, then 2-3 days, maximum 1 week, then again back to the same problem. and when i disconnect the "RB450G" the internet is work Great.
my resources is:
Linksys WRT54G as "main router" 192.168.1.5
"4" AP UBNT Picostation 2HP start by 192.168.1.20 to 192.168.1.60.
my total users around 40 (10 wired and 30 wireless)
and here is my setting of my RB450G. Plzzzzzzz guys i need Help in my issue. Plz guide me is there any mistake in my setting,

Thank You so much for your help and support.
Kind Regards for every body.

mikko

Re: Help.. RB450G make my NET connection very slow.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Have you tried to look what amount of traffic and connections are going when connection slows down? That would get some clue what is happening. Since your hotspot is working some time I suspect that problem is not in it.

If you are using some non-symmetrical (asdl for example) connection it could be saturated with traffic and causing slow responding connections. That case some traffic shaping would help.

But I suspect you are finding not so much traffic but huge amount of p2p connections. Routerboards will handle big amount of connections without problems, but many consumer class products will be having problems.

So put that in other words. I suspect that some of your wireless users are using p2p and that is choking up that Linksys or your other router/firewall device (connection trackning table filling up). And when you disconnect your RB you are also disconnecting that p2p users. That will slowly cause connections to timeout and free up connection table space in that device that was choking. So internet connection seems to start working again.

If this suspect is correct then you could try to filter p2p connections or better solution would be to replace that choking device with better (to use your RB450G as main and hotspot router).

But in any case you should inspect what is happening in your network when it slows down. By that you can identify cause of problem.

BalaMondO
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Help.. RB450G make my NET connection very slow.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Have you tried to look what amount of traffic and connections are going when connection slows down? That would get some clue what is happening. Since your hotspot is working some time I suspect that problem is not in it.

If you are using some non-symmetrical (asdl for example) connection it could be saturated with traffic and causing slow responding connections. That case some traffic shaping would help.

But I suspect you are finding not so much traffic but huge amount of p2p connections. Routerboards will handle big amount of connections without problems, but many consumer class products will be having problems.

So put that in other words. I suspect that some of your wireless users are using p2p and that is choking up that Linksys or your other router/firewall device (connection trackning table filling up). And when you disconnect your RB you are also disconnecting that p2p users. That will slowly cause connections to timeout and free up connection table space in that device that was choking. So internet connection seems to start working again.

If this suspect is correct then you could try to filter p2p connections or better solution would be to replace that choking device with better (to use your RB450G as main and hotspot router).

But in any case you should inspect what is happening in your network when it slows down. By that you can identify cause of problem.
Hello,
Dear Mikko...
Thank you so much for your kind post and reply,
as i explain in my post i'm beginner in Mikrotik. and i don't know how to make my RB450G as a main Router and use it in the same time to control over the user and as Hotspot, but really it's a very good idea.
and as i think i already blocked the P2P connection in my RB450G,

if you get a free time you can take a look of my setting in my RB450G and i will be thank full, you can add me in your messenger (afarouq@gmail.com - freesoftteam@yahoo.com - afelmasri@hotmail.com - balamondo@skype) you can access to my computer using (http://www.teamviewer.com).

Again Thank you so Much.
Kind Regards.