Community discussions

MikroTik App

WiFiTech
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

rb411u (Upgrade 4.11 > 4.17 and HS redirect failing - Help)

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:18 pm

I could use a hand solving two problems, please:

Hardware - rb411u / 3G U760 (Sprint)
Software - ROS 4.11

Problem #1) Hotspot is not redirecting to the default login page. (requires entering Interface IP to receive)
- Yes, I have deleted and run setup again, a few times.
- Yes, I have internet access when cabled to the ether1 (does not go through hotspot)
- Yes, the hotspot files are the default, no external redirect.
- No, entering the IP to receive portal page and logging in does not allow me access to the Web.

Problem #2) 4.17 .npk is not being loaded on reboot.
- Yes, I have it in the root of the Files section.
- Yes, I have deleted and uploaded it, a few times.
- Yes, I have used system > reboot and I have cycled power.
- Memory is 16.1 MiB available of 29.2 MiB (This with the routeros-mipsbe-4.17.npk {8.9 MiB} on router)

I created a supout.rif but won't allow it to be added as an attachment, I will search for the How To and edit this post.
I could use a hand before I buy 7 more to have them not work as well, thanks.

**** edit was to attach supout.rif as supout.txt ****
I wasn't able to find a post that offered the best way to attach the .rif to a forum post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WiFiTech
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: rb411u (Upgrade 4.11 > 4.17 and HS redirect failing - He

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:52 pm

I was able to get a solution to the problems above.

The Hotspot redirect needed the IP > DNS > Settings Max UDP Packet Size changed to 512 instead of the 50 it was at.

The Firmware Upgrade .npk @ 8.9 MiB was not the 12.2 MiB it should have been at. Re-downloaded 4.17 .npk from the mikrotik site and placed it on the rb411u and rebooted. The upgrade succeeded.