MikroTik App

kdavid
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Shaping type on MK

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi,

i have around 100 customers on RB1000. At this time i am using fifo type shaping becouse these customers on this router are using different services (different speed).

Which will be the best solution for me if i am using Queue Tree with mangling customer packets? At this time my cpu is around 90 %.

Thanx

BR
Dave

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Shaping type on MK

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 pm

That is very high CPU utilization for 100 users. Have you been able to determine what is causing that? 5.x has a profiler that shows which processes use how what resources.

I would work on that first before going to a different queuing type.

kdavid
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:23 pm

That is very high CPU utilization for 100 users. Have you been able to determine what is causing that? 5.x has a profiler that shows which processes use how what resources.

I would work on that first before going to a different queuing type.

The throughput is 80 Mbit, I use firewall for mac filtering too. Maybe this is the reason. I have 120 rules in Fw, 470 in mangle and 470 in queue tree

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Yes, that would be the problem. The best solution would be PCQ. For the most efficient approach use subnet barriers to identify customers, address lists are less efficient but would still be a huge improvement over what you're running right now.

For more specific help we'd need more specific information, such as what kind of packages you offer customers, and how you identify them.

120 firewall filter rules also sounds too high, but it depends on the actual configuration. You want to minimize the number of rules a packet has to get processed against.