MikroTik App

spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

hotspot problem with /26 on lan side

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:39 am

Hi,

I have a problem with the hotspot rb450g. I have a router setup with a bridge for the lan ports 2-5 and ether 1 as wan

on the lan I have say a xxx.xxx.xxx.1/26 public IP and clients in that subnet pointing to it as gateway obviously.

And on the wan i have say a xxx.xxx.xxx.200/24 public ip routed to internet

Not using NAT.

It all routes fine with hotspot disabled and also routes fine with hotspot enabled as long as client is authed by mac.

The problem I have is the hotspot pages wont load with that network config. I have made loads of hotspots and the network config is the only thing I have not tried before. I have done public Ip routed with proxy arp with hotspot which was OK but I want to route it properly without proxy arp if poss. I can use a /24 on the lan if needed but I wonder if anyone knows why the /26 lan wont load hotspot pages?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hotspot problem with /26 on lan side

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 am

Can you post the output of "/ip address print detail", "/ip route print detail", "/interface print", "/ip firewall export", "/ip hotspot export", and "/ip pool export"?
If you feel you need to mask public IPs please just replace an octet or two with different numbers - since the IPs matter in this case a bunch of "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.1" is going to make things confusing to read.

spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Re: hotspot problem with /26 on lan side

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 am

I was just about to delete the post actually because it started working by itself mysteriously after just leaving it running for half an hour? Maybe just some routes propagation or something.

I will post more IP details if it is not reliable or seems to have further issues.

Thanks for replying BTW.