MikroTik App

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Multiple L2TP VPNs over Multiple gateways

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:12 am

Hello guys,

I want to create 3-4 L2TP vpns and route each one through a different gateway (3G modems/PPP Client interfaces).

All the VPNs will connect to the same VPN server so I cannot simply do a mark-routing rule based on the dst-address to route each vpn through each gateway.

Any idea how can I accomplish this?
Any other VPN type (openvpn, pptp, sstp, etc) has much worse results (probably traffic shaped by the 3G ISP?). Only L2TP seems to be stable on this particular setup/isp and I wish not to use different VPN types for each gateway because the vpns are used for a bonding interface so I need all the VPNs to 'behave' as much the same as possible to achieve maximum speeds and stability.
Unfortunately the 3G connections for some reason do not allow incoming connections (even though the ISP reassured that there is no firewall - which I doubt) so I can only use the Server-Client model and not other types of tunneling (ipip, eoip, etc)

I was thinking something like for each new L2TP connection (and it's associated GRE tunnel) a different gateway should be used, but I cannot think of a way to implement this.

Any ideas?

mehrzud

Re: Multiple L2TP VPNs over Multiple gateways

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:57 pm