Community discussions

MikroTik App

hyp3R
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB600 - Ready for trash or ?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi. Few days ago our power supply used on RB600 died. Since we thought that's was the only problem, we have bought a new one and replaced but it seams that board is not working.

When I plug it into a power, it starts booting (I've connected it to serial cable to see what's going on), it gets to the point "Starting services" and just freezes.

Also, problem is that I can't change anything VIA serial boot console. Board is stable for a second or two, gives me option for example to change baud rate and when I press anything, it just freezes.

Often I can hear it beep for 2 times, signalizing it's working and often I can see it on winbox too but in really rare cases.

Often, board won't even beep for 2 times and all the lamps are active (besides the green one above blue one).

What can I do about this ? I've tried to reset configuration on a jumper, won't reset it too.

Is there anything I can do to see if I can fix this board. Or maybe it's destroyed by the power supply when it went off.

Please help
Alex

alexspils
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RB600 - Ready for trash or ?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:59 pm

how do you power it?via jack or poe?try different ways.try to find "bad" elements visually, it may be broken capacitator or something else.