Community discussions

MikroTik App

phuang3
Topic Author

Multiple PPPOE client

Mon May 02, 2011 8:02 am

My ISP provides 8 IPs for me, but I can only get it through PPPoE client. My initial setup for single PPPoE client + masquerade is working, but I decided to have more public IPs and assign them to internal computers. In SRC-NAT, I need to translate private IPs to public IPs, but my public IPs are dynamic. How can I setup in this kind of situation? In other words, the "to-address" (public IP) in SRC-NAT is dynamic not static.

enk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Multiple PPPOE client

Tue May 03, 2011 11:15 pm

My ISP provides 8 IPs for me, but I can only get it through PPPoE client. My initial setup for single PPPoE client + masquerade is working, but I decided to have more public IPs and assign them to internal computers. In SRC-NAT, I need to translate private IPs to public IPs, but my public IPs are dynamic. How can I setup in this kind of situation? In other words, the "to-address" (public IP) in SRC-NAT is dynamic not static.
Maybe you can specify in.interface and out.interface and than make generic masquarade.
Another ugly solution will be to configure script that check ip address of the pppoe client avery defined time period and than reconfigures nat rules accordinary.

phuang3
Topic Author

Re: Multiple PPPOE client

Wed May 04, 2011 11:52 am

Maybe you can specify in.interface and out.interface and than make generic masquarade.
Another ugly solution will be to configure script that check ip address of the pppoe client avery defined time period and than reconfigures nat rules accordinary.
I try to specify the in & out interface, no help at all. I guess something has to be done in route table.