Community discussions

MikroTik App

kishvet
just joined
Topic Author

Upgrade went wrong

Fri May 06, 2011 6:41 am

Hi,

We have a powerouter 732 that we upgraded from v3.22 to 4.17 tonight. When we upgraded it complained about a new license and we did the automatic upgrade and it rebooted just fine. The problem is that I cannot reach it now via the public up addresses. We have three different sources of bandwidth on 3 of the ethernet interfaces and two of the ethernet interfaces have our rfc1918 addresses with clients on them. There are masq statements for each of the 3 bandwidth interfaces for 192.168.0.0/16 to only go out that particular interface. It was working fine until the upgrade. Now torch shows that there is no traffic going over the interfaces. If you go to the nat statements and look at the masq statements, the counters are increasing like they are being hit but the traffic is not leaving the interface.

Any idea what may be happening or more importantly what information is needed to properly get this working again and fixed? Worked very well before and to my eyes, everything looks good.

Thanks

blake

Re: Upgrade went wrong

Fri May 06, 2011 8:49 am

Do you have physical access to the router? Could you show us the output of '/ip address print', '/ip route print', and '/ip firewall nat print' ?

Also '/ip firewall mangle print'.

kishvet
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Upgrade went wrong

Fri May 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. I could get access via the two interfaces that were not masq (internal networks) and could see everything. Was really wierd. The counters on the screen with the NAT statements on seemed to indicate that the masq rules were being hit but the interface counters said nothing was moving. Messed around rebooting and restoring backups for a couple of hours. Even though the consensus of the board was to wait on the 5.x release, I thought we had nothing to lose and updated to the latest release. It rebooted and started working like it is supposed to . It didn't like something about the 4.17 release at all. Maybe the file got corrupted on the download and upload to the router? Gremlins? Who knows. Upgrading to the latest 5.x fixed everything. I hope that it remains stable for me and that I do not experience the problems others have noted. This is my first MT box and the first time to do an update. Hope they are all not this exciting.

Thanks again.