Community discussions

MikroTik App

lctn
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

EOIP Configuration Question

Fri May 06, 2011 5:18 pm

If I have 10 eoip tunnels on a single box. Does the server side need a unique IP for each tunnel ( I know each tunnel must have a unique id), or can the Server IP be the same for all tunnels as long as each client box has its own IP? (mikrotik to mikrotik). e.g client 1, local IP 10.5.5.1, remote 10.5.5.2. client 2, local 10.5.5.1, remote 10.10.5.3.

I have a box set up with the server side address being different for each tunnel. Just not sure if it is necessary.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: EOIP Configuration Question

Fri May 06, 2011 5:29 pm

They are point to point tunnels - so yes, you need unique IPs (and unique subnets) per tunnel. There is no provisioning for point to multipoint tunnels in RouterOS.

gregsowell
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 06, 2011 6:17 pm

@LCTN
There are two places you can assign IP addresses. One is the configuration of the tunnel itself, and the other is in /ip address.

If you are talking about the tunnel itself, you can have multiple tunnels terminate on the same outgoing interface IP.

If you are talking about /ip address, you could use a single ip if you were to create a bridge interface and then bridge all of your eoip tunnels to it...if that is what you are trying to do?

You most likely want to follow what the super brain fewi said and just use a different subnet for each...routing is so much cleaner.

MICPROF
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Dear ,

Please find attached files , these files Explain EOIP configuration.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.