Community discussions

MikroTik App

fonestar
just joined
Topic Author

RouterBOARD 750 not handing out DHCP leases anymore

Fri May 06, 2011 8:02 pm

We have begun installing RouterBOARD 750's for our Ka Band Sattelite installs. We have received complaints from our customers that they are not able to access the internet. At first I believed that it was a problem with their wireless connections but I have now used the same configuration (one that I had tested previously) in our shop and I am able to duplicate the issue here.

We are trying to release and renew ip addresses from various Windows XP and Windows 7 machines without any luck. There is nothing showing up in the Mikrotik's ARP table or DHCP lease table. Mikrotik switchport to switch is crossover and Mikrotik to PC is straight.

We have setup ether1 as DHCP Client which successfully binds to satellite modem. We then set ether2 as DHCP Server for 192.168.100.0/24 network. Then we set remaining ports 3,4 and 5 as switchports with ether2 as a master.

Has anyone experienced these same or similar issues?

blake

Re: RouterBOARD 750 not handing out DHCP leases anymore

Sat May 07, 2011 4:45 am

What RouterOS version are you running? I saw this on ROS 4.6. ROS 4.7 resolved that issue.
fixed mac address handling on RB750, some specific arp requests did not work
http://www.mikrotik.com/download/CHANGELOG_4