Community discussions

MikroTik App

lucho512
just joined
Topic Author

Upgrade Problem

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:36 am

Hi folks ... I'm having a problem since upgrading from v 4 to 5 .. right now I have installed x86 version 5.2, the issue is that I can not upgrade or downgrade. I do all these steps as long as I did not update anything, something I notice in the v 5 is that it takes lot in apagarce, the server runs as a 5-minute "stop service"

What can be? :shock:

PD server is a Intel Dual Core with 2 G of ram and intel mother!

lucho512
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Upgrade Problem

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:39 am

please somebody help!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:26 pm

What actual issue occurs when you try to upgrade or downgrade? You just state that you have a problem, not what the problem is.

lucho512
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Thanks fewi, the problem is I can not do upgrades or downgrades, even I can enable or disable packet ...

As usual copy npk file in the root of mikrotik, reboot the router and not always update the version is 5.2, the same happens when trying to downgrade utilizanod the command "system/package/downgrade", the most unusual is that enable or disables a package, and the restart does not take the changes!

I apologize for my poor English!

-------------------- Español -------------------------

Gracias fewi, el problema es que no puedo realizar upgrades ni downgrades, ni siquiera puedo habilitar o desabilitar paquetes...

Como de costumbre copio el archivo npk, en el root de mikrotik, reinicio el router y no se actualizar queda siempre con la version 5.2, lo mismo sucedes al intentar downgrade utilizanod el comando system/package/downgrade, lo mas raro es que habilito o desabilito un paquete, y al reiniciar no toma los cambios!

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:09 pm

What do the logs say after you reboot? They will contain a message stating whether the router was upgraded, and why it couldn't be upgraded if it didn't work.